Saturday 1 January 2011

A Year of Beautiful Things

Wow what a busy year 2010 was. In April I launched Beautiful Things moving away from my handmade cards to focus on creating beautiful fabric gifts made with vintage and vintage inspired prints.


Here was my little stall at it's grand opening at the Ingrave Community Market.

After setting up my facebook fanpage things really started to flourish and my product range increased dramatically allowing me to set up stand at the Leigh on Sea Vintage and Handmade fair.


I have done 3 of these fantastic shows since and each one has gone from strength to strength.

With Christmas coming up lots more new products were introduced including my lovely sleepy pillows. I have some gorgeous vintage embroidery ready to wash and iron just crying out to make some more in the New Year.


Not forgetting of course this years best sellers, Pocket handwarmers.


Now look at the riot of colour and variation you can find on the Beautiful Things stall:


I have lots of ideas for fantastic products to share with you in the next few months and I am seriously hoping to be able to focus my time more on allowing Beautiful Things to become my career.

Mr Mack and I were delighted to share the news with our Friends and family that we will be expecting a new arrival in August and so with the arrival of maternity leave hopefully I can focus on becoming a full time 'Work from Home Mummy'.

We shall see what 2011 brings us all, but I am confident that it will be lots of fun.

5 comments:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR CLAIRE! I look forward to seeing more of your creativity in 2011. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowza a mini mack on the way!!! what great news!!! clearly going to be another FAB year!!! huge congrats xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire, well what can I say, congratulations on more then one account, it looks as though Beautiful Things is really picking up and a little bundle of joy on the way too :) Happy New Year.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following my blog, so glad as it meant I found yours! Full of gorgeous things, wow I love the material you use on your makes. Congrats re little bump, how wonderful - we have an August baby, it is a fab time of year to have a little one.

    ReplyDelete