Monday 9 June 2014

Elspeths Lilou Frankenpattern

Elspeth is one of my pupils and has learnt lots and lots of crafts with me over the past couple of years.

We both started our recent dressmaking journey at the same time, taking part in a great beginners class with our fabulous tutor at BTHQ Sarah and then making our coco's.


We often spend time together making garments so that we can hold each others hand and help each other out when we are doubting our own abilities (My thing is patience and Elspeths is zips)!

 So we both own Tillys lovely book Love at First Stitch and are slowly working our way through it.  Elspeth though is slightly braver than me and having recently done a pattern draughting class decided she would hack Tillys Lilou pattern and add a hanky point skirt.


Tilly affectionately calls mixing up patterns a Frankenpattern, I think this is a great term and have every intention of trying some of my own when I'm a bit more practised.

In the meantime I shall leave you with this wonderful picture of Elspeths fabulous Hanky Points!


Do you think Elspeth should get her own blog to document her crafty comings and goings? If you do give us a shout and we will get her on the road to blogville.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, I think Elspeth should start a blog too! : ) I too am new to this sewing madness (fun madness!) I've been sewing simple since 7th grade but at 53 am at it again but stepping out a bit... so all of these sweet, lovely blogs help me greatly.

    It's so nice you are sewing buddies. What a blessing! : )

    ReplyDelete