Sunday 16 September 2012

bedtime for my sewing machine

I've been meaning to do this project for so long and finally got round to it.  In the corner of my studio lives a huge shopping bag full of my scrap material.  I took all of the vintage scraps I could find and cut them into 3" wide strips.  Peiced them all together into a really really long strip and then peiced more strips together to make a big peice of fabric.

From that I made my sewing machine a lovely new cover.


It will look so sweet sitting on the counter in its full glory when Beautiful Things hits the high street later this month.


It's full steam ahead for our shop opening now and Natasha and I are busy planning launch nights, opening days and classes for the kids during half term.  I cant wait!!


In the meantime my machine is all tucked up in bed and sleeping peacefully ready for a hard days work tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea and it looks sooo pretty too. Good luck with the new shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shop sounds really exciting - good luck with it all!! The sewing machine cover is lovely and it will look great in the shop x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A shop! How exciting...I'm sure your cosy sewing machine will attract lots of admiring glances. Lots of luck...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice idea to create a pretty cover for something so functional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous.I'm sure it'll be a talking point in your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo pretty. I can't show my machine it will be so jealous of you well dressed machine, he he. Good luck with the shop opening.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love this cover. You just couldn't find anything like this in the shops. Good luck with your shop - it sounds really exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I soooo want one of those sewing machine covers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sooooo want one of those sewing machine covers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! I wish I was able to just run something up on the machine like that

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting that you're opening a shop! Best of luck with it. Love the sewing machine cover; you're so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great cover - much better than my boring white one!
    Good luck with the shop :)

    ReplyDelete