Friday 25 July 2014

Making Moneta

Elspeth is one of my crafty regulars who I often dress make with, which is great as sometimes we both need a helping hand! We decided to tackle this Moneta dress pattern by Colette in these gorgeous stretchy fabrics that worked a treat! They are just so comfy to wear, that Elspeth and I didn't want to take them off!


Twins!


The waistband is gathered using shirring and instead of regular Shirring elastic they recommend a clear wide elastic.  Neither of us have ever used it before it's somewhat funny stuff but once you've got to grips with it then it's not too bad.  Collette have a good little video on their website showing you how to work it which certainly helped me get my head round it's insertion.

We bought our from Guthrie and Ghanie online HERE

It's a lovely pattern and has many variations including sleeveless and a 70's inspired collar.

As with all collette patterns I'd recommend reading it through thoroughly and checking out their website for tips on any areas your stuck with as it's very informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment