Thursday 8 December 2011

Yarn Bombing on Federation Square

Family Mack and I visited Melbourne city on Monday and as soon as we stepped out of Flinders Street Station into Federation Square I was hit in the face with some fabulous crafts.


I've read about 'Yarn Bombing' before but never seen it in the flesh.


I assumed these cosy stockings for pillars were made for Christmas, but after looking up the website on the laminated business card I discovered that Yarn Corner had in fact bombed these posts for World Aids Day on the 1st December.

You can see all the pillars here on their facebook page, they really are fab.


The group is a collective of people from all over the world who come together to Yarn Bomb public spaces in Melbourne. Their work is amazing, do take some time to look around the site at some of the fabulous works they have done.


They meet twice a month to knit and knatter, so I might try and get along to one of the groups if I can. Watch this space.................

2 comments: