Wednesday 6 August 2014

Spotty Shift Dress

I'm playing catchup at the moment, I made this dress a couple of months back now!

This was my first solo go at a commercial pattern and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. It's a great length, fits well and was a breeze to make! The pattern is by Simplicity number K1609 in size 14 - 22. 
The smaller size came free with Sew Magazine, but it was only £4.05 to buy the larger sized pattern with the discount Sew gave you (regular price £8.15)


I made this in an evening start to finish as it is literally 2 main pattern pieces  and a facing.  There are two full back length darts in it to master but the instructions were quite clear to follow.  I'd say this would be a great pattern for a novice.


The only thing I don't like is that the front is made of 2 pieces joined down the middle.  I think I would much prefer a single front bodice section and may experiment taking 1" out of the middle of the pattern piece and cutting it on the fold next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment