Tuesday 1 July 2014

Half a year has passed

Wow, were did that time go? 6 months in and only 6 more to go till 2015!

I am quite pleased with what I have achieved so far this year craft wise.  I think I can finally say that I have mastered dressmaking and am now taking my first steps with teaching some of the skills i have learnt to my students.  


I'm sure you will see lots of their lovely makes on our blog in the next few months, but in the meantime I shall leave you with another fabulous Clemence skirt I have made myself.


This time I used some vintage fabric I had picked up in the charity shop for only £2.50!  It was not very wide and the stripes would have gone around me if I had cut it as per the pattern, so I cheated a bit and made 4 panels and joined them together.  There is a seam right down the middle but due to the nature of the pattern you would never know.


I made the waistband almost 3 inches shorter on this one and I am much happier with the fit.  Although I am somewhat curvy it would appear my waist is tiny in comparison to the rest of me!

This pattern really is a speedy make and with the help of my overlocker I can rustle one up in about 2 hours.  A perfect evening sew.

If you haven't got a copy of Tillys Book Love at First Stitch yet WHY NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment