Sunday 1 June 2014

Make Good Festival of Creative Startups

As you will know I have been a big fan of Tilly Walnes from last years sewing bee for some time.  Having recently started dressmaking I have enjoyed making Coco (Her recently published sewing pattern) and have been itching to get me hands on her new book Love at First Stitch.

When Tilly recently blogged that she would be having a pop up shop at the Make Good Festival I decided to check it out.

On closer inspection it looked like it could well be a fabulous place for me to meet fellow creative types, network and gain inspiration for my business as well as meeting one of my sewing idols.

I was not wrong!

I travelled up with my Mother in Law who is staying with me on her travels and my long term client/pupil and now friend Miriam.
 



We arrived bright and early and alighted the tube at Oxford circus.  A quick coffee and a walk to see Liberty before it got busy, a wander along carnaby street and it was time for the doors to open at the Old Selfridges Hotel for #Makegood




We met lots and lots of amazing and insteresting people, all passionate about their business and product and happy to talk for hours about creatvity.  I've decided to blog seperastly about a few of those businesses in the next few weeks so you too can share their passion and energy.


In the meantime though I will leave you with some shots of Myself and the lovely Tilly.  Cheesy I know but she truly is a sweety and genuinely interested in every one of her customers.  I left with a signed copy of her new book, a lovely bag and the Mathilde pattern.  I'm now on the hunt for the perfect fabric!

I'm pretty sure there will be quite a few posts in the next few weeks of items I've made from the book along with a review.  It really is lovely and now I'm off to run a big bubble bath and have a good read!


No comments:

Post a Comment